Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Big Tymers Album Won't Arrive Until Mannie Fresh, Birdman Agree On 'Fact And Figures'

Mannie Fresh wants to get back to business as one of the members of the Big Tymers, but before he concocts a head-nodding beat or lays a verse, the business end of things has to be right
Mannie Fresh in New Orleans on February 15, 2014.
"Facts and figures," the New Orleans legend told MTV News during NBA All-Star weekend. "That's where we at right now. Facts and figures. We just trying to lay down a
plan for it, a blueprint and we'll see what happens from there."
Last year, Birdman told MTV News that he had opened up lines of communication with his former partner in rhyme to ensure he would be part of the upcoming group album with Lil Wayne and Drake.
Birdman Is 'Planning On Working Again' With Mannie Fresh
"I've been talking to Fresh a lot. We talk every other day, we been talking about doing music, so matter of fact we gonna get in," Birdman said at the time. "Me and Fresh ain't got no problem, we never had no problem. It's been a minute and we plan on working again."
Fresh confirmed that he and Birdman were in fact discussing his involvement in the much-anticipated project. "We just talking, ya heard? That's all I could tell you," the Cash Money Records alum said. "No verses, no music, none of that. We just started on negotiating, that's where we at right now. Hopefully it's gon happen. I'ma give you a positive note, hopefully it's gon happen."
Although the duo has yet to hit the studio together, the "Still Fly" MC's creative wheels are already turning in anticipation.
"I always got ideas," Fresh said. "I'm from the '80s man. I got ideas, that's what we do. If I was working on Michael Jackson if he came back to life, I would be ready. I would be ready. The Resurrection Michael Jackson album I would be ready."
Mannie Fresh Addresses The Big Tymers Controversy
As much as fans are chomping at the bit for a new Big Tymers LP, that's not the only project they're eagerly expecting from the iconic producer.
"We working on it," Fresh said of his upcoming OMFGOD joint album with Yasiin Bey (formerly known as Mos Def). "Mos do movies for a living, so when he finish making movies, we'll finish it. He gotta feed his family just like I gotta feed mine. It's one of them things where I gotta work around his schedule. I can do this all day everyday but Hollywood is a 'lil different, so soon as dude slow up what he's doing, we'll finish it and get it to y'all. I know the world waiting for that, so I'ma make sure it happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment