Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

'Why I'm in no rush to walk down the aisle,' by newly-engaged Lauren Conrad

She might have said 'yes' to his proposal, but Lauren Conrad wants to 'enjoy falling in love' with new fiance William Tell before committing to a wedding date.
The 27-year-old fashion designer shared what appears to be a cavalier attitude regarding the marital calender in Cosmopolitan's January 2014 issue.
Lauren refuses to be pushed by convention and stresses it's not about having a big show, it's about how you feel.
It's about love, not the wedding: Lauren Conrad tells the January 2014 issue of Cosmopolitan that she hasn't set a date with her new fiance William Tell and wants to enjoy being in love
It's about love, not the wedding: Lauren Conrad tells the January 2014 issue of Cosmopolitan that she hasn't set a date with her new fiance William Tell and wants to enjoy being in love
'You have the rest of your life to be married,' Lauren tells the publication. 'Enjoy falling in love. When girls get caught up in the timeline, it becomes more about the wedding than the marriage.'

Lauren graces the magazine's cover in a pink-patterned short skirt and matching, cleavage-baring little top, while an inside shot shows her kicking up a pink pump in a silky grey and pink frock.
Lauren was taken by pleasant surprise when the 33-year-old University Of Southern California law student popped the question in October, presenting her with a fabulous ring.
Leggy and loving it: The designer kicks up a pretty pink pump in a silky grey and pink number, saying that she used to hate her legs
Leggy and loving it: The designer kicks up a pretty pink pump in a silky grey and pink number, saying that she used to hate her legs
'I had no idea it was coming,' the former reality star tells Cosmopolitan. 'I thought he would wait until he finished law school.'
The ring is a two-carat, round cut diamond on a thick gold band with a pricetag in the $40,000 range, as previously reported on E! Online.
And William purchased it all on his own without any hints from any of her pals.
'He didn't even ask my friends, which was a bold move,' Lauren remarked. 'He said, "I know you, and I know what you like." And I love it. It's perfect.'
Surprise engagement: Lauren reveals that she 'had no idea' William was going to propose; the pair are pictured at a charity gala on October 13 in Los Angeles
Surprise engagement: Lauren reveals that she 'had no idea' William was going to propose; the pair are pictured at a charity gala on October 13 in Los Angeles
Lauren adds that the couple hasn't set a date yet.
'You should be with someone with whom you could elope this weekend and be happy,' she reasons.
'William hates it when I say this, but he really is a very nice guy, and when you meet a nice guy who also manages to keep your interest, that is the dream,' she says.
'If you're going to settle down, it should be with someone you can't stop thinking about. Especially if you're in your 20s. If I was single in my 60s, I would totally settle. I would!'
Lauren was well known for doling out make it-or-break it relationship advice to her female counterparts on MTV's Laguna Beach.
Knows what she likes: The reality star-turned-fashionista, pictured shopping in August, says William planned the proposal and bought the ring with no help from her friends
Knows what she likes: The reality star-turned-fashionista, pictured shopping in August, says William planned the proposal and bought the ring with no help from her friends
'Being on television all those years, I got to view my own behavior,' Lauren revealed. 'One thing I realized is that I was too hard on my friends when it came to guys. Instinctually, I wanted to protect them. 
'But then you come off as judge-y and people are reluctant to come to you with a problem. I had to cut "I told you so" from my vocabulary.'
Lauren also has an opinion when it comes to others in the spotlight who love the way they look.
'I’m so jealous of people who completely love their bodies,' Lauren tells the magazine.
'I think most women have trouble areas as well as areas that they like. So you play up your favorite parts and learn to dress around the others. I used to hate my legs, but now I always wear minis.
'It was an accident. In an effort to look taller, I started wearing really high heels with shorter skirts and ended up showing off my legs a lot.'
No more 'I told you so': Lauren was known for her stern relationship advice on MTV's Laguna Beach, but has since softened her approach
No more 'I told you so': Lauren was known for her stern relationship advice on MTV's Laguna Beach, but has since softened her approach

No comments:

Post a Comment